Eastern Ontario Development Program
Supported by the Government of Canada through the
Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario.
Notice : The Eastern Ontario Development Program is now closed; all funds have been allocated for the 2014-2015 budget. The new budget will be effective as of April 2015. The new application forms will be posted early March 2015.
If you have questions please contact Melissa Ferguson at 613-933-4333 ext 106
All applications must be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guidelines PDF format
- EODP Application PDF Format
- EODP Application Word Format
- View Approved EODP projects of 2014-2015
The objective of the EASTERN ONTARIO DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM (EODP) is to enhance and diversifies the local economies and lead to the growth of new and existing businesses within rural Eastern Ontario communities.
- EODP Funding will not exceed $100,000 per project
- EODP Funding will not exceed 50% reimbursement of approved eligible expenses
- Equipment purchases will not exceed 20% reimbursement of approved eligible expenses
- Projects may be multi-year, with an end date no later than March 2018 (Submit Yearly Budget)
- Applicants will provide matching cash funds, minimum 50%, (1 to 1) that adhere to Government stacking regulations
- Legal commercial enterprises including individuals, corporations, partnerships and cooperatives
- Not for profit organizations including municipalities, municipal organizations, corporations, community economic development organizations and associations
- Aboriginal organizations
- Post-Secondary Institutions
There are two streams under which an application can be submitted:
- The Business Development Stream is to support projects that will lead to the growth of new and existing businesses within Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry (SD&G) including Cornwall & Akwesasne. This includes initiatives in key areas such as skills development, youth attraction, innovation, market expansion, healthy living and information & communications technologies.
- The Community Innovation Stream builds the economic and innovative capacity of rural eastern Ontario communities, and develops opportunities for sustainable economic growth and employment. This Stream is ideal for applicants who work in partnership with community stakeholders.
Projects in the following priority areas will be considered:
- Diversification of Economic Assets (capacity building)
- Industry cluster development and expansion
- Labour market development (skills gap analysis, skills development, worker transition)
- Strategic planning and research studies
- Business Development and Growth
- New business development
- Training & mentoring
- Business start-ups
- Existing businesses
- Productivity enhancements (information and communications technologies, energy, new technologies, productivity assessments)
- Market diversification
- Innovation/product development (research and development)
- Succession planning
- Business Infrastructure
- Business incubators
- Supply chain analysis and development
- New business development