The objective of the EASTERN ONTARIO DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM (EODP) is to enhance and diversifies the local economies and lead to the growth of new and existing businesses within rural Eastern Ontario communities.
Although we are accepting applications, the actual startup date of the program is still undetermined. Please monitor this website for updates on the program.
- EODP Funding will not exceed $100,000 per project
- Projects to be funded will exceed $10,000 in cost
- EODP Funding will not exceed 50% reimbursement of approved eligible expenses
- Projects may be multi-year, with an end date no later than March 2018 (Submit Yearly Budget)
- Applicants will provide matching cash funds (1 to 1) that adhere to Government stacking regulations
- Legal commercial enterprises including individuals, corporations, partnerships and cooperatives
- Not for profit organizations including municipalities, municipal organizations, corporations, community economic development organizations and associations
- Aboriginal organizations
- Post-Secondary Institutions
There are two streams under which an application can be submitted:
- The Business Development Stream is to support projects that will lead to the growth of new and existing businesses within Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry (SD&G) including Cornwall & Akwesasne. This includes initiatives in key areas such as skills development, youth attraction, innovation, market expansion, healthy living and information & communications technologies.
- The Community Innovation Stream builds the economic and innovative capacity of rural eastern Ontario communities, and develops opportunities for sustainable economic growth and employment. This Stream is ideal for applicants who work in partnership with community stakeholders.
Projects in the following priority areas will be considered:
- Diversification of Economic Assets (capacity building)
- Industry cluster development and expansion
- Labour market development (skills gap analysis, skills development, worker transition)
- Strategic planning and research studies
- Business Development and Growth
- New business development
- Training & mentoring
- Business start-ups
- Existing businesses
- Productivity enhancements (information and communications technologies, energy, new technologies, productivity assessments)
- Market diversification
- Innovation/product development (research and development)
- Succession planning
- Business Infrastructure
- Business incubators
- Supply chain analysis and development
- New business development
Please note that C&C CFDC reserves the right to cancel this program at anytime.
All applications must be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org.