Friday June 30th, 2017
Cornwall & The Counties Community Futures Development Corporation (CFDC) is a community based non-profit organization that is dedicated to creating opportunities for entrepreneurship and the pursuit of economic growth in the communities it serves.
CFDC is seeking a self-motivated individual for the position of Project Officer. This is an entry level 2-year contract position. There may be opportunities for longer term or permanent employment following the original term.
The Project Officer supports the leadership team in the execution of the Cross-Border Partnership Program and in the maintenance of the funding portfolio and in the underwriting of small business loans and grants.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Officer performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
– Assist in the execution of various meetings and events
– Monitor and track and loan renewals and other paperwork required as part of the client’s loan agreement
– Complete reports associated with the loan underwriting process
– Data input and reporting using the Client Management Software
– Assist with the execution of the Eastern Ontario Development Program
– Help manage the website and social media pages
– Support with various other office tasks as required
– Contribute to a positive, successful and cohesive work environment by demonstrating a positive attitude, professionalism, and teamwork with customers, colleagues, and other CFDC staff
– Actively participate in regular meetings/coaching sessions with manager and business partners
– Ensure necessary due diligence is taken to support the accuracy of all customer transactions
– Understand and apply operating policies and procedures
• University/College Degree in a related subject or relevant life experience
• Social Media (Facebook, Twitter)
The Project Officer should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
• Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
• Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
• Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
• Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
• Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
• Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
• Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
• Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
• Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
• The Project Officer will usually work in a combination of an office and non-office workplaces such as a client’s place of business.
• The Project Officer work a standard work week but may be required to work some evenings and weekends. The CFDC promotes a flexible work schedule.
• Bilingualism not a requirement but will be considered a strong asset.
Start date as early as August 1st, 2017.
Please send resume and cover letter addressed to:
Cornwall & The Counties CFDC
113 Second St E.