The Cornwall and The Counties Community Futures Development Corporation (CFDC) is an independent not-for-profit economic development corporation that focuses on strategic community planning, socio-economic development, support for community-based projects, business information and planning services, and access to capital for small and medium sized businesses and social enterprises.
The CFDC is seeking a bilingual Technology Implementation Advisor (TIA) who would work with the Executive Director to manage and implement a new Pilot Program. The Start date would be April 1st, 2020. The contract will be for an initial 12-month period with potential for annual renewal depending on program success and funding availability. The hours of work are flexible and may vary, depending on the candidate’s skills and schedule. Both part-time and full-time positions are being considered. Candidates can expect compensation equivalent to $50-$75 an hour.
The TIA will work with the Executive Director to design, implement, deliver, manage and market the Pilot Program.
The objectives the Program are to work with businesses in the Akwesasne, Cornwall and SDG areas to:
- Survey clients, conduct a technology gap discovery session, analyze client data and draw conclusions on client needs
- Research solutions that will help the client leverage technology to boost sales and productivity
- Conduct workshops with clients to provide feedback and prepare a ranking of technology solutions based on reasonable budgets and timelines
- Prepare and present recommendations
- Guide the client through technology adoption and implementation while evaluating the implementation process and providing ongoing feedback
- Provide ongoing monitoring and assistance to the client
- Prepare and analyze retrospective surveys
Education & Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration and/or Information Systems
- Experience in software development
- Experience in executive management
- Extensive experience in project management
- Proficiency in the implementation of performance and goal management practices
- Entrepreneurial experience considered a strong asset
The incumbent will be passionate about small business, technology and innovation. They will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in both official languages (English and French), strong customer service skills, excellent attention to detail, strong leadership skills, and superior proficient in the use of a variety of small business-related hardware and software solutions.
Interested candidates can submit a cover letter, copy of their CV along with three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is March 10th, 2020. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.